the kind team is here to serve!
The KIND clinic is once again open and providing services! We are following the CDC’s infection prevention control guidance for dental settings during COVID-19.
Our team is working hard to ensure the safety of patients and clinic staff. For questions, to make an appointment, or if you are having an emergency during this time, you can call the clinic at 720-619-5333.
Personal protective equipment (PPE) is used every day by dental teams to protect themselves, patients, and others when providing care. PPE helps protect patients and dental teams from potential infection.
During this unprecedented time, PPE shortages pose a tremendous challenge to the US healthcare system. Healthcare facilities are having difficulty accessing the needed PPE and are having to identify alternate ways to provide patient care.
The KIND Clinic Team was able to get back to work serving our community, thanks critical PPE donations by Clear Choice Dental Implant Centers and other community partners. It’s great to be able to see patients again!
BEFORE YOUR NEXT KIND CLINIC VISIT:
Before your visit to the clinic, we ask that all patients and patient caregivers fill out this questionnaire. It helps us keep our patients and our team safe!
We want to let you know there will be some changes at your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and KIND team members. For example:
- You will be asked to complete some screening questions.
- Please wait in the parking lot until we are ready for the patient. Please call us when you arrive.
- We ask that everyone wear a mask to the appointment
- Only one parent or caregiver will be allowed to enter with the patient
- We will be taking temperatures of everyone coming to the appointment
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use before you come into the office.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients.
- There will be more time between patients to reduce the number of patients in the clinic at the same time.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about any of these steps. To make an appointment, please call our office at 720-619-5333.
Thank you for trusting us. We value your trust and look forward to seeing our patients, families, and friends.
tips from Dr. Les:
Dr. Les understands the concerns of many patients of leaving their home during the Stay-At-Home order. He is keeping the phone line open and offering virtual consults to all through what he calls “teledentistry,” to guide patients on what emergencies can be handled safely at home and which ones he recommends still heading to the doctor’s office and having the dentist handle.
- Removing a foreign body stuck in the gum. Dr. Les advises patients to tie a double knot in a strand of dental floss and then run the knotted portion of the dental floss between the teeth to scrape out the foreign body under the gum line
- Lost fillings. If a filling comes out, Dr. Les suggests saving the piece to show your dentist. To temporarily fix the lost filling, gently brush the tooth with toothpaste and lukewarm water. Then, cover the hole using over-the counter products such as Temperin or Dentemp until you can see the dentist.
- Chipped tooth leaving a jagged edge? Dr. Les says to cover the exposed area with dental wax, which can be found at most local drug stores. Keep in mind, DIY sealants are usually only good for up to 48 hours. It is important to keep the area covered until you see the dentist. If you are having pain, call Dr Les at 720-619-5333.