Kids In Need of Dentistry (KIND) is a nonprofit organization that provides high-quality, affordable dental care to children in need throughout Colorado. Since 1912, KIND has helped thousands of children each year get the dental services they need at a cost their families can afford. KIND is committed to providing dental care that is respectful of and responsive to the specific cultural needs of the communities we serve.
- Every child has the right to a healthy smile and body, and these two things integrally related to one another.
- Preventative oral health habits positively impact a child’s overall health, ability to thrive, and in a broader sense, change the trajectory of their lives.
- Improving access to and perceptions of oral health will increase health equity, and improve the future landscape of healthcare in Colorado.
- Improve perceptions of dental care, in order to improve behaviors, by embedding oral health as integral to a child’s overall well-being.
- Increase health equity for youth in underserved communities by providing dental care that
utilizes innovative and collaborative models.
- Empower dental health advocacy in and by the communities KIND serves through education
and activation of stakeholders.
Mission & vision
Kids in Need of Dentistry’s mission is to increase the oral health and happiness of Colorado children in need by eliminating dental disease through treatment and education.
Kids in need of Dentistry’s vision is to be the recognized leader in promoting the oral health and education of Colorado’s children of need.
Get to know KIND
KIND is a scrappy team of health-equity warriors most concerned with increasing access to judgment-free,
positive oral health experiences, treatment, and education with kindness, regardless of a patient’s ability to pay.